SAN JOSE, Calif., Jan. 25, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Restoration Robotics, Inc. (NASDAQ:HAIR), announced today the formation of their 2018 Medical Advisory Board (“MAB”) comprised of seven globally recognized hair restoration surgeons and key opinion leaders, including the Chief Operations Officer of the Company.
The Restoration Robotics MAB will serve as a key strategic resource for the Company as it continues to commercialize the ARTAS™ Robotic Hair Restoration System. The MAB will also help further elevate the ARTAS System as the first and only physician-assisted system to dissect, and assist in the harvesting of, follicular units directly from the scalp and create recipient implant sites using proprietary algorithms.
The eight members of the 2018 Restoration Robotics MAB include:
- Gabe Zingaretti, Dott. Ing., the Chief Operations Officer (COO) of Restoration Robotics, Inc. in San Jose, CA. Dr. Zingaretti joined Restoration Robotics in 2008 as Senior Software Engineer. He led software development for the ARTAS System and the creation of the successful ARTAS physician training program. Prior to Restoration Robotics, he developed advanced algorithms for detecting breast cancer at R2 Technology. Dr. Zingaretti received his Doctorate in Biomedical Engineering from University of Rome and participated in a two-year postdoctoral research fellowship at the Obesity Research Center at Columbia University.
- Robert M. Bernstein, MD, MBA, FAAD, FISHRS, is a Clinical Professor of Dermatology at the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Columbia University in New York, NY. Dr. Bernstein pioneered both Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT) and Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) and received the Platinum Follicle Award for his scientific contributions in this field. He was one of the first physicians to introduce the ARTAS robot into a hair restoration practice. Dr. Bernstein is the founder of Bernstein Medical – Center for Hair Restoration in mid-town Manhattan, New York and has been involved in the clinical research and development of robotic FUE since its release.
- James A. Harris, MD, FACS, received his medical degree with honors from the University of Colorado School of Medicine in 1989. He is the 2014 winner of the ISHRS Golden Follicle award for his clinical contributions to the field of hair restoration surgery. He is a Diplomate of the American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery (ABHRS) and past president of the ABHRS, member of International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery and serves on the board of governors, Diplomate of the American Board of Otolaryngology, and Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. Dr. Harris’ practice, worldwide. He was also a principal investigator in the development of the ARTAS System.
- David A. Berman, MD, FAAD, is a Board Certified Dermatologist and the Medical Director of Berman Skin Institute, which maintains multiple locations throughout Northern California. He graduated with honors from University California, Berkley (UC Berkley) and received his Doctor of Medicine degree from Baylor College of Medicine. After completing his internship in Internal Medicine at University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), Dr. Berman was Chief Resident of Dermatology at Northwestern University School of Medicine. Dr. Berman was the Principal Investigator who performed the clinical trials that led to FDA approval for ARTAS in 2011.
- Paul T. Rose, MD, JD, who has over 20 years of experience in hair restoration surgery and is recognized internationally for achieving natural hair transplantation results. He is Past President and Board Member of the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery and currently serves on the Board of Trustees of the Hair Foundation, the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery and the Cosmetic Surgery Foundation. Dr. Rose is certified by the American Board of Dermatology and is a Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology and the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery. He has served on the clinical faculty of University South Florida. He is active in hair loss research and has published numerous articles on medical and surgical hair restoration. He is the recipient of the Golden Follicle Award presented for clinical contributions to the field of hair restoration.
- Craig L. Ziering, DO, FISHRS, FAOCD, FAAD, is one of the pioneers in male and female hair transplantation. Upon his initial encounter with Restoration Robotics and first hearing the exciting developments taking place with their ARTAS Robotic Hair Restoration System, Dr. Craig Ziering aligned himself with their mission to evolve the industry. He was the first doctor to purchase the ARTAS System in the western United States where he developed a clinical workflow for larger cases and was the first to introduce The ARTAS system to Europe. In his 27 years in the field, he has performed over 22,000 surgeries. With nearly one million robotic harvests, he has broken many surgical barriers with the assistance of the ARTAS System. Dr. Ziering is board certified in hair transplantation by the American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery (ABHRS), and dermatology through The American Osteopathic College of Dermatology. Dr. Ziering is a Fellow of the AOCD (as well as Past President), Fellow of the ISHRS (International Society of Hair Restoration Surgeons) and a fellow of the AAD (American Academy of Dermatology). Dr. Ziering has been instrumental in recommending, developing, and testing innovations and techniques with the ARTAS Robotic System. He is the Medical Director of Ziering Medical, which has five locations throughout the US that act as a beta site for the continually advancing technology used in hair restoration.
- Eduardo López Bran, MD, a Professor and Chairman of Dermatology at Hospital Clínico and Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Spain. Dr. Bran is the founder and CEO of Clínica IMEMA, and was recently awarded the honor of “100 Best Ideas in 2014” based on his introduction of the ARTAS Robot in Spain. He is also an author of more than 300 scientific publications, and has participated in more than 60 world clinical trials, including clinical trials related to the drugs Minoxidil and Finasteride. Dr. Eduardo López Bran, PhD and his medical team were the first health care team to obtain the “ARTAS Clinic Excellence” accreditation in Europe. Dr. Eduardo López Bran, PhD is a pioneer adopting hair transplant most advanced techniques in Spain, and is recognized as one of the most prestigious surgeons in Europe.
- João Carlos Pereira, MD of Sao Jose do Rio Preto, Brazil, who is dermatologist certified by the Brazilian Medical Association through the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro – Brazil and Egress Professor of the Faculty of Medicine of Catanduva – Sao Paulo. He has performed hair transplantation since 1988, working with all techniques and is considered a pioneer in Robotic FUE and FUE techniques in Brazil. Throughout his career, Dr. Pereira has performed over 5,000 surgeries and has always been committed to the technical developments of the specialty. In addition, he is a member of major international corporations, hair transplant organizations and speaks at numerous national and international conferences. Dr. Pereira practices in São Paulo, Brazil and Sao Jose do Rio Preto at the Clinic and Day hospital, which is dedicated to hair loss diagnosis, clinical treatment and surgery.
Ryan Rhodes, CEO of Restoration Robotics, Inc. commented, “This extensive and extremely well qualified team of experts is now better positioned than ever to collaboratively refine the ARTAS system while helping to significantly drive adoption amongst other leaders in the field. We are extremely excited to draw on the collective experience of these physicians in machine vision, image guidance, visual servoing, and the development of intuitive interfaces to manage these technologies as we work to advance the ARTAS System technologically and drive commercialization across markets.”
About Restoration Robotics
Restoration Robotics, Inc., is a medical device company developing and commercializing the ARTAS™ Robotic Hair Restoration System. We believe the ARTAS System is the first and only physician-assisted system to dissect, and assist in the harvesting of, follicular units directly from the scalp and create recipient implant sites using proprietary algorithms. The Company has unique expertise in machine vision, image guidance, visual servoing and robotics, as well as developing intuitive interfaces to manage these technologies.
Director of Marketing
Restoration Robotics, Inc.
The Ruth Group
Lee Roth & Brian Johnston